Tuesday 8 June 2010

A Few Butterflies And Caterpillars


No idea what this is - any suggestions gratefully received. - ID Oak Eggar - many thanks to Dean. :-)


A beautiful Orange-tip on a Cuckoo Flower.


A Common Blue - I think! I always welcome corrections if I have identified anything incorrectly. :-)


A Wall Brown.  I do think the underneath is a lot prettier than the top of the wings with this butterfly.


An open view of an Orange-tip: such a beautiful butterfly.


No idea what these were. They were in the top of a Willow.  Anyone any ideas? ID Buff-tips - many thanks again to Dean. :-)

It is still chucking it down. :-(  One good thing about rain is that I get the chance to catch up on editing images and reading blogs. :-)  Many thanks for your visits and comments. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Can't help with any of the ID's Kerry; I'm pretty hopeless at that. Cracking set of shots though. There seems to be a lot of caterpillars in that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cracking photos Kerry.
    The big caterpillar is an Oak Eggar and the others look like Buff-tips.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your visit. Your comment will be visible after moderation.

About Me

My photo
I live in North Wales and spend my time caring for animals, walking in the countryside, photographing nature and reading. I hope to share, in photographs and words, some of the beauty that I see. If you enjoy the photographs on this blog then you might like to take a look at my Flickr photostream. View my complete profile for links to both of my blogs.