Thursday 10 June 2010

I Won't Be Popular!


Oh no!  I have nearly run out of sunflower seeds and my supplier won't have any in until Monday!  I will not be popular with my ever hungry Goldfinches!   I was told that they really prefer niger seeds, but having purchased two feeders, and a twenty-five kilo sack of them, I discovered that actually they will only eat them if the queue to the sunflower seeds is too long: another case of wildlife not reading the right books! :-)

The Goldfinches first started visiting me around two years ago, after having ignored my feeders for many years.  Since then they have taken over, with a flock of around thirty always present.  They are delightful to look at with their stunning plumage, but they are argumentative little devils who frighten off the more timid Blue Tits. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely shot of the Goldfinch Kerry.
    I think these 'books' need to be re written; my goldie visitors prefer sunflower seeds too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are gorgeous! I look forward to browsing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your visit. Your comment will be visible after moderation.

About Me

My photo
I live in North Wales and spend my time caring for animals, walking in the countryside, photographing nature and reading. I hope to share, in photographs and words, some of the beauty that I see. If you enjoy the photographs on this blog then you might like to take a look at my Flickr photostream. View my complete profile for links to both of my blogs.