Sunday 30 May 2010

Visting Again!

My beautiful Buzzard is once again coming for food now that the bird scarers are quiet.  This is a photo taken this evening.  Not a good one I know, but it is nice to have a record of his/her presence, and as I don't have a long lens this is likely to be the nearest I will get - the image is cropped. 


As soon as I saw the Buzzard, waiting on top of this hide that I have in the corner of my field, I put out some rabbit heads.  It frequently waits here if it can't spot me.  It also nearly always eats the food here.  I made this old building into a hide about two years ago, but sadly I have only managed to get a couple of shots of a bird from it due to the local magpies, crows, rooks and jackdaws taking tries and turns to stand on top and scream "'She's in here!  She's in here!  Stay away!  Stay away!"   I am wholeheartedly against shooting any bird, but even I have had murderous thoughts about them!

Life has gotten in the way over the past few days so I have had no time to read or write blogs.  Hope to catch up with you all soon.  Many thanks for your visits and comments.

2 comments:

  1. It's a great photo, Kerry. We get too conditioned that extreme close-ups are the best photos. They aren't! Birds in habitat or showing behaviour are often much more pleasing... and often technically more difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your visit. Your comment will be visible after moderation.

About Me

My photo
I live in North Wales and spend my time caring for animals, walking in the countryside, photographing nature and reading. I hope to share, in photographs and words, some of the beauty that I see. If you enjoy the photographs on this blog then you might like to take a look at my Flickr photostream. View my complete profile for links to both of my blogs.